Maggi and Me

Maggi celebrates 25 years of joy. Count me in as one of the many who grew up eating Maggi as a refreshing dinner escape from the usual IDLI, DOSA, Rice; one of the many, who when about 8 years old, gleaming with joy, grinned "I will cook you Maggi in 2 minutes" to the cousins visiting home.


I have diligently read the Cooking directions on every pack of Maggi and have picked up a cooking hint from one of my aunts to add in a little extra water to make it tastier. Yes, I like my Maggi piping hot with that little extra soup. My recipe goes this, Add water and when it comes to a boil, add the tastemaker and after about 10 secs, add the Maggi. And Masala it is, any day.


With the many variations now with Maggi with scrambled eggs, with veggies, I love it just plain and simple still. The first thing I ever cooked on my own with no help from mommy and the first recipe for which I cut vegetables all by myself. Suprisingly though, I have never harped on maggi during the days I have lived and cooked on my own. The taste of Maggi is its best , I think, only when eaten at the cost of mom's anger, for rejecting her Sunday dinner and opting for Maggi.


I still remember the Yellow Maggi collectibles, bounce balls, cute little push cars. Yellow looks pretty only on Maggi collectibles and cover. Of all the memorable things I cherish about my childhood, here is to Maggi, my best loved snack. [Mom hates to call to it as Main course].


Now, writing so much about Maggi , how can one forget Rasna, which is just as good as Maggi. From the days of wanting the orange to show on your lips, to helping dad make the Rasna concentrate during summer with specially powdered sugar,stacking bottles of concentrate for the rest of the week, the color of that liquid concentrate on your fingers in your attempt, specially frozen ice cubes to serve them, breaking those ice cube trays with joy, sipping cold Rasna always completes a perfect sunday on a summer holiday. I recently went Grocery shopping when mum was away and splurged on things like Milkmaid, Rasna Lemon ( instant mix- no sugar -the TANG style) and everytime I make myself a glass of that, realise nothing beats the RASNA, the old traditional way. Not even, my obssesion for Tropicana.

In these TANGy days, what prompted me to write this post was the latest Maggi ad on TV, Me and Meri Maggi.


Scream it the Maggi way. Magggggggggggggiiiiiiii.. Can you hear me? Relive those Maggi ad days here.

Leave your Comment Here
2
Dreamt this on Monday, April 20, 2009 in , , , , ,

2 Comments


hehe..maggi has always been a great escape in times of severe good-meals-shortage. what I didn't understand is, why would anybody want to escape Dosas and idlis..lol..
interesting post..
Cheers


Well, i have had my share of feeling that way, that nothing can beat idli and dosa. If it becomes, the order of the day, then Maggi can be a happy escape... much to the chagrin of mum :)

Copyright © 2009 Doozie Dreams All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive. | Distributed by Fractal Enlightenment of Fractal Blog Network